The eBook Publishing Market
In this article I’ll be giving some information about publishing ebooks.
The ebook Publishing Market is owned primarily five big retailers: Amazon, Apple iBookstore, Barnes & Noble Nook store, Kobo US bookstore and GooglePlay Books.
Publishing an ebook is free and easy if you learn how to do it. You will earn royalties on every sale.
Here are a few facts about the eBook Publishing Market
- Amazon is the biggest player in the ebook market in the US, with 74% of the total ebook sales in the country;
- There are five big retailers that account for 95% of the total ebook sales in the US: Amazon, Apple iBookstore, Barnes & Noble Nook store, Kobo US bookstore and GooglePlay Books;
- The percentage of the Ebook Market owned by other the 4 big retailers (with Amazon) is 26%;
- More than 33% of the ebooks sold in the US don’t have an ISBN;
- Around 85% of all ebook sales by self-published authors are made by Amazon;
- 11% of the ebook titles on the Apple iBookstore bestseller list are self-published.
When we look at these numbers, we see that self-published books are really becoming an important business in this five big retailers and it’s possible to become a bestselling author without a traditional publishing contract.
It’s hard work, but you can do it on your own. You will be able to offer a better price and you will receive a much bigger percentage of your royalties.
Percentage of the Ebook Market owned by Amazon
Percentage of the Ebook Market owned by other 4 big retailers
Percentage of eBooks sold by 5 biggest retailers
Sell your book
- Find your niche
- Write quality content
- Create a professional looking cover
- Market your book
- Make your book available for sale on the top five big retailers
Creating and selling successful book is a lot of hard work.