Free Violin Pieces Level 1
Learning to play a musical instrument is a very rewarding achievement.
PDF: Download violin score in PDF
Audio: Download audio in mp3
Exercise: Download an exercise
Vln 1: Violin 1
Vln 2: Violin 2
Free Violin Scores, tutorials and Exercises
This page includes free violin scores to several easy and well known pieces. It includes violin music for beginners.
We start with a small introduction to the violin. The student will learn where the notes are on the violin and how they are written in the treble clef.
The pieces in the book are famous classical pieces, popular music from several countries and pieces by the author.
The pieces are introduced by a diagram of the position on the violin fingerboard, with the notes that are played in the piece. The diagram also shows the number of the finger that plays the song.
The mp3 files with the songs in the book can be downloaded as well.
Free Graded Violin Pieces and Exercises
In level 1, you will start by learning to read music in the treble clef and start playing on the open strings. You will have duets so you can play with a friend or a teacher. Then you will start playing music in the First position in D major, G major, C major and F Major.
You will find printable pdf tutorials with:
- Illustration of the position of fingers in each strings
- The scale and arpeggio
- Hand and bow exercises related to each piece
- Rhythm and note reading exercises related to each piece
- Music pieces written in the same scale and position you’re working on
- Some pieces are violin duets
- Some pieces will include piano accompaniment
You will find downloadable mp3 files with:
- Sounds of the open strings
- The recording of the piece
- The recording of the piece with second violin or piano accompaniment
- Rhythm recordings the rhythm of each piece
The Treble Clef
You will learn and practice:
- The Music Staff
- How to read music on the treble clef
Theory and Exercises
Parts of the violin and bow
The Open Strings
O Christmas Tree
Violin Sheet Music Link to our Violin Sheet
Music page at Sheet Music Plus